Monday, June 28, 2010

Midnight Cowboy

Ugh.

I so relate to this blogger who recently pulled her blog down (I panicked because I love her blog) and then put it back up and just had herself a little existential crisis about it. I truly get that.

Recently I've had so much crushing uncertainty and strangeness mixed with the euphoria of possibilities back to plummeting panic (all with regards to the move) that I think..."Who wants to read about that? Who really cares?"  Plus what can I ACTUALLY talk about without either getting into trouble with someone or over-sharing or just hovering in this in-between space that is clearly boring because without detail, what the hell can you read about?

Nada.

So you've noticed.

We might not move. At least right now. It's still unclear and we're supposed to leave in a month. This has been the weirdest chunk of a life I tell you, it's crazy, wacky, nutty times. Long story short - some of the facts shifted, an opportunity opened here - a job went away there - and while that seems like enough information to make it obvious what we should do, it just isn't.

I repeat, ugh.

So let's talk about the short film, shall we?

It's almost done!

Our editor is here right now at 12:30 am and he's finishing the cut before he leaves the country for three weeks. He's been such a ridiculous gift of a person...Cheerful. Kind. Talented. He comes to us and works out of our home so we can be productive and be parents. How lucky, right?
Through a friend we found an amazing motion graphics person who just kicked ass and made us an amazing opening title sequence.
Our composer also killed it.

Three talented guys! Rushing alongside us and our ridiculously cute one year old toward the goal of completion!

So inside of these three (ok six) months of Are we moving? Are we staying? What can be done? What should be done? Should we do the financial program of that Christian dude who's got those nice white people going 'I'm debt free'? Should we go back to relying on the Secret? Why is the weather so great here?


This film has been a beacon of sweet and sanity and good. And it's almost done. And hopefully along with it's completion will also come a new place of knowingness and clarity for our little family. We can only hope.

Producers as Performers, Director - your bloggess, Writer as Cow
Yours in sweet confusion that only 70 degree weather can make ok,

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love the new look of the blog? Green is definitely your color. Or your blog's color. Whatever. I didn't come here to argue okay? Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I get it. Sometimes you have too much to say, but nothing at all at the same time. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a filter when it comes to blogging... well, a small one... maybe. People tell me all the time "oooo I can't believe your wrote about that!" I am genuinely almost always surprised. I forget not everybody gets my humor and I HAVE lost some friends and offended family over it. I promise myself I will be more careful next time, but then.. deep down I think I find blogging very freeing - if people still like me and get me after reading it then I can stop trying so hard to impress them... which makes for a nicer life, no? Just a theory. Love the green, too.

    ReplyDelete